The Bachelor on ABC starring Sean Lowe is anticipated to be one of the most watched seasons ever in the shows history. Here’s what’s happening episode 1 with commentary on why Sean did not give roses to the 7 girls who were eventually eliminated.
At the beginning, we’re going to see Sean’s journey to The Bachelor TV show. Sean says, “I lead a wonderful life. I love my career, I’ve got great friends. I’m a family man, and I like being close to my family. A year ago, i’m living a normal 9 to 5 life. Now here I am, I’m the Bachelor. This is absolutely nuts, I never would have dreamed I would be in this position right now.”
The Bachelor Sean also says, “I might go through that same heartache that I experienced with Emily, and just thinking about those feelings makes this so much more real.”
We’ll also see the videos of the following girls and their journey to The Bachelor season 17: Ashley P, AshLee F, Desiree, Diana, Kristy, Lesley, Robyn, Sarah and Tierra. The videos that stick out are Ashley P who says she already has a man in her life, Christian Grey from the book “50 Shades of Grey”. AshLee Frazier’s video is emotional and focuses on her growing up in 6 different foster homes before her current family adopted her. In Tierra’s video, we’ll see she’s very excited Sean is The Bachelor.
While the video segments are great, you can’t help but love the limo entrances. You never know what wacky things the cast members are going to do (to get noticed) once they exit the limo. Memorable entrances include:
AshLee F. - First girl out of the limo to meet Sean!
AshLey P. - Whips out a necktie.
Catherine - Says Sean is such a hunk. She’s adorable!
Desiree - Asks Sean to make a wish with her by the fountain.
Jackie - Wears red lipstick and kisses Sean on the cheek. Sean leaves it there until the next girl comes out of the limo.
Kacie – Surprise guest. Arrives in a limo by herself, last.
Katie - Walks out of the limo barefoot. Love the curly hair!
Kelly - Sings a song for Sean.
Lesley M. - Brings a football, Sean thinks she’s fun.
Leslie H. - Refers to Sean as McSteamy.
Lindsay - Wears a white wedding gown. She’s so cute!
Robyn - Performs handsprings out of the limo.
Sarah – Nervous to meet Sean. She’s sweet and beautiful!
Selma - Wipes off Jackie’s kiss.
Tierra - Has a heart on her finger and says it’s open. She hopes Sean is the guy who can complete it. Sean gives her a rose!
Ultimately, Sean gives out twelve first impression roses to: AshLee, Brooke, Catherine, Desiree, Diana, Jackie, Katie, Leslie, Robyn, Sarah, Selma, Tierra.
The cocktail party is partially uneventful except for Ashley P and Taryn Daniels having a wee bit too much to drink. Lindsay Yenter also has a few glasses too many but comes across as cute to Sean. Favorite girls of the night: Lindsay and Sarah!
Sean had a tough decision night one but he ended up eliminating the following girls.
1. Ashley H. – Ashley’s cute but maybe her personality didn’t mesh with Sean’s.
2. Ashley Palenkas -It’s obvious why Ashley gets eliminated so quickly. While Ashley is pretty, she came across too strong and too sexual night one. Referencing the Bible instead of “50 Shades of Grey” would have earned her more points.
3. Kelly Dutton – Was it the singing? Probably yes but only for the reason that it’s a little awkward.
4. Keriann Miranda – Keriann seems nice but we really didn’t see her interact with Sean.
5. Lacey Latka -Lacey gives Sean a piece of lace so he can remember her name. Lacey’s pretty enough but maybe the chemistry wasn’t there for Sean.
6. Lauren Marchetti -Right out of the box, Lauren warns Sean that her Dad is protective of his little gem. It seems Sean’s letting go of a few good blondes this first episode and Lauren is one of the casualties.
7. Paige Vigil – Poor Paige, she’s already been on Bachelor Pad 3 and was eliminated early. The girl seems sweet but the reality is, Bachelor Pad is a little wild. Perhaps Sean thought she wasn’t quite ready to become a wife just yet.
While these girls were eliminated from the show, they’re all beautiful and should have no problems finding a great guy.
The girls that remain have quite the journey in front of them, depending on how far they make it.
Cheers to the new season with ABC’s Bachelor Sean Lowe!